Thursday, September 29, 2005

Procrastination with a purpose!

I just found this great site called Academic Coach. It's full of honest and practical advice on how to make the most of your study time at university. From getting started on writing your dissertation/grant/thesis to maintaining a healthy work/life balance there are sections on achieving more than you have in the past.

I also like the PhinisheD site. It's a discussion and support group for people having trouble finishing their theses, and includes a contract generator. With this you can make a printable private contract with yourself to help you achieve your goals. I think I'll find this very helpful, as I also seem to get more done when I've pledged on paper that I will do it. I'll post my contract on the blog just as soon as I've thought of some pledges!

Keep running,
Moc

2 comments:

Evon said...

Hi mus, I was near Westbourne grove at the Notting Hill carnival. I got there before it even started and watched a lot of amazing floats. Some of the costumes were amazing.

Moc said...

Good to hear from you Evon. Thanks for stopping by.

Yeah, you're Carnival pics look amazing. Had you been before? This was my first time.

What are you up to now? How are you finding the second rotation?

Keep in touch!