Thursday, September 22, 2005

In Greenwich

My mum is an office worker for P&O. The ferry company is a sponsor of ‘The Bridge’, a new wing of the National Maritime Museum, and she was given free tickets to attend the opening ceremony. The NMM is the largest maritime museum in the world and the collection is very well laid out and explained. I know so little about all things nautical but it was fascinating to have a look around all the artefacts and have a play with the interactive exhibits in the kids’ section. They really help you to learn and I think I now have a (very) basic understanding of how a ship works. There’s also a new section on Nelson & Napoleon, chronicling and comparing the lives of the two leaders, which I definitely recommend – go and visit! Oh, and entrance is now free.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Moc,

It's Sajini here - just to thank you for letting me know about N&N, two characters I've always found fascinating.

I shall be off to this exhibition sharpish - most probably on Wed pm :D

I hope you've had the good fortune to meet my friend Nad too (he's also working on MRI).

Moc said...

Hi Sajini

Godo to hear from you. Did you go to the exhibition yesterday? What did you think.

Nope, I haven't met Nad yet. Is he based at Hammersmith Hospital? I'll keep an eye out for him.

Keep in touch.