- Got my hair cut by an Afghan pop star, Sattar Sahill (check him out on YouTube, he’s got hundreds of hits!).
- Saw some cataract operations. Microsurgery is very, very impressive.
- Attended my university’s Freshers’ Fayre.
- Reconnected with my (parents’) African roots by attending the Zanzibar Social Club’s annual gathering. Way cool, despite the fact that the average age of the partygoers was about 65.
- Celebrated my birthday with lots of carrot cake.
- Started reading ‘Anna Karenina’.
- Moved into to temporary accommodation, sharing a room with my sister for the first time in fifteen years.
- Began applying for a very exciting summer job in Japan next year.
- Was given a smartphone!
Wednesday, October 07, 2009
Another set of random things I've done this week, in no particular order: