Saturday, November 05, 2005

A stone’s throw

I’m really upset. On Thursday I had a prior commitment today to help out with some first aid teaching at South Ken. The session went well, but cycling home at 10pm I was attacked. I’d just passed through Edgware Road, which was vibrant with people joyously celebrating Eid-ul-Fitr, but riding up to Maida Vale one of a group of boys hanging around outside a shop threw something hard at my head. I swerved to avoid it, but it hit me and nearly caused me to move into a car’s path. Fortunately I was wearing a helmet; if not I may well have fallen. The group laughed when they saw the impact, so I guess there was intent to cause injury. There were a few too many guys challenge them, so I continued home and the police from there. I’m not badly hurt, But I think they might try again with someone else and really injure them. The cops said they would go and take a look, but I haven’t heard back from them yet.

Has this ever happened to you? What did you do or would you do in such a situation?

No comments: