Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Resolutions update

Just nine days into the New Year, and unfortunately I’ve broken most of my resolutions already. It started so well, but the past couple of days I’ve been rationalising my way out of decisions, and from then on it was a slippery slope. This seems to happen most years, so even though I’m disappointed, it’s not really very surprising.

Last night, however, I was idly surfing and came across Christine Kane’s website. She’s a singer-songwriter who keeps a blog called ‘Conscious Living’, and in one post she describes a new approach to the New Year. Instead of making resolutions, she recommends
“Pick[ing] a word for the year. Just one word. That’s all. Then, hold[ing] that word in your mind throughout the year, and let your word guide you to take action.”
In other words, that word becomes your focus and reminds you what you want to accomplish. It sounds like a really good idea, and judging from the feedback to the blog, seems to work for lots of people. So here’s my word for 2007:

Persistence.

Wish me luck. Thank you.

No comments: