Monday, October 03, 2005

Knackered

Phew, I can barely walk. Yesterday I participated in the Rainforest Foundation fun run, and I’ve been aching ever since. The run was in aid of raising awareness of the increased destruction of rainforests throughout the world, and of the impact this has on their inhabitants. The event was held in Victoria Park in East London, the first time I’ve headed to the ‘other side’ for quite a while. I ran with Kevin, and also had the pleasant surprise of meeting Winston there, with whom I went to Delaware in 2003 and hadn’t seen for almost a year.

The race itself went pretty well. I’m scandalously unfit, and only had time for one practice session in the gym before the big day. So I’m relatively happy with my time of 53 mins and 31 seconds. I did, however, get passed early on by a heavily made-up middle-aged man dressed as a battle ready Red Indian and wailing at the top of his voice. Target for the next 10k run: 48 minutes.

The run has definitely highlighted that I am not as physically healthy as I’d like. So what better impetus than to apply to run in the 2006 London Marathon. I’ve just sent my application off. How about joining me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a marathon??!! lol. I'll run with you in spirit. Here's hoping you make it to the end. :)

Jane