Thursday, February 10, 2005

The exam

Well, I've been preparing for this day for the last few months. My first end-of-year BSc Neuroscience exam. I finished it a few hours ago but now I'm weeping. I made a classic and ridiculous mistake. The exam was three hours long on two separate modules. In the first one there were three short answer question and then a choice of one from three different essay questions. That was ok. Then I moved on to the second module. In the stress of the situation I didn't read the question properly and didn't realise that in this one the essay questions were first. I was thinking that the questions seemed quite detailed to only require a short response, but I didn't stop to check, and ended up speed writing in the most shockingly bad handwriting. When I then got onto the first short answer question I tried to write an essay but could fill more than half a page. Realised the mistake fifteen minutes before the end and desperately got a few lines down on the remaining two questions. But they are more or less nonsense. I'm going to write an email to the coordinator now explaining what happened and pleading for mercy for my stupidity! Well, the second exam's in eighteen hours so I'd better get back to work. 'Vison and Visual Dysfuntion' and 'Neuropsychiatric Disorders' await. Thanks for dropping by.

Moc

No comments: