Monday, December 20, 2004

Vroom vroom...crash

I've had a bit of a disaster. I don't think I posted earlier, but this morning I took my driving test. I've been learning for two months and hoped to pass before I go to Poland and the work becomes more intense, but I failed it. It hurts a lot, though to be honest I did feel underprepared. In the end, it was all because of a bad lack of judgement. I was really nervous and was driving very slowly and knew I had to speed things up. Then at a junction, though I saw a car coming I decided to pull out and thought I'd be far enough ahead for it not to be a problem. But the guy was coming faster that I anticipated, and he had to swerve dangerously around me. Oops. Will probably retake sometime next year. Luckily public transport near my home is very good, and even when (or if) I do pass, I probably won't use the car much. What were your test experiences like?

No comments: