Friday, June 25, 2004

Results

Hey folks

Just received my results, and I’ve passed all my third year exams, but without the honour of a merit or distinction. It’s a bummer. Don’t get me wrong, I’m relieved to have passed, but I always try and do the best I can and though I berate myself for this, it hurts when others have put in more effort and have got better results than I have. What if I don’t do the best for a patient because I haven’t learnt an important concept or how to manage an important illness. In my med student guise, those are the type of things that keep me up at night. At least I can now enjoy my summer though.

Results day is always interesting though. There are students that run from the building and open their envelopes in privacy, those that openly cry, having performed far better worse than they anticipated, those that allow themselves a quick smirk or grimace and the stoical statues. I allowed myself a bit of a long grimace. Most people don’t show too much emotion though. I guess it’s because in med school we’re all too competitive. Agree?

Moc

No comments: